What do I need? 📞
We will provide you with a brief script and a list of people to phone. All this is held in Connect, the Liberal Democrat online campaigning system. It has a Virtual Phone Bank function that tells you who to call and lets you record what they tell you. It is fully GDPR compliant and stores the data securely.
You will need a computer or tablet with internet connection so that you can access Connect, and a phone to make calls from. Ideally, these need to be two separate devices as it's incredibly difficult to use Connect on a smartphone while also using it to make calls.
Do you have a Connect account?
You will need a Connect account - if you don't have one please click here to request access to one.
What do I have to do? 💻
To make calls:
- Log on to your account at https://connect.libdems.org.uk
- Select "My Voters" at the top of the page
- Select Virtual Phone Bank - which is bottom right of the home page
- Select which phonebank you will be calling via 'Let me select by VPB Code' & entering one of the codes below
- Have a read over the script before you begin
- Start making phone calls - the phone number you need is at the top of the page - please be aware that it is against the law to dial 141 to withhold your number when phoning through a Virtual Phone Bank - if someone does call you back, explain that you are calling from the local Liberal Democrats just to check that they are ok at this time and have access to the support and information they need
- Follow the script and record their responses on Connect
- Harrogate Central - D994C4A-716058
- Knaresborough - 5B94C4H-685369
- Harrogate Oatlands - 6B94C4I-236313
- Harrogate Starbeck - 3B94C4F-704767
Can I make calls at any time? ⏰
Yes you can. The Virtual Phone Banks will be available on Connect between 9am and 9pm every day. You can make calls whenever suits you between those times - you don't have to wait until the next Phonebank Team event!
And finally... some Top Tips 📝
- Before dialling, check the names of the people in the household you are due to call - you can find these at the top of the page
- Always start off by checking that you are speaking to the right person
- Try not to just read out the questions in the script - ask them in a way that's comfortable for you
- Record each response in Connect as you go along
- If the phone number doesn't work, you don't get through to the correct household, or you don't get an answer, there is a question where you can record this
- Thank them for their time before bringing the call to a close
👍 Dos and Dont's 👎
- Please do signpost residents who need support to the Government Covid Support Portal: www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Please do record any extra details from the calls in the 'Notes' section of the phone bank, or if something notable arises which needs following up, please record it via this form: https://digitallibdems.typeform.com/to/w7lFbQnG
- Please don’t give out medical advice - signpost them to www.nhs.uk, 111 or 999.
- Please don’t offer direct practical assistance, like shopping or picking up prescriptions - we don’t have any safeguarding around this
- Please don't offer to call a service on behalf of someone - provide all the details they need to contact a service themselves - this is a one-off call not a regular one
- Please don’t share any data about residents with anyone but the VPB leader